CST Executive Team
Founded in 1999, CST is a private, family-owned company with over 400 employees worldwide. Our executive management team is proud to lead a company of scientists for scientists.
Come visit Cell Signaling Technology (CST) at one of the upcoming conferences or vendor shows we are attending. Please stop by the CST booth to meet with one of our scientists, learn about new products, pick up some reference material or simply stop by to say hello.
Laboratory Technician - Buffer Prep
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a worldwide leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications, and XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.
We are seeking a highly motivated and responsible candidate to be a Lab Technician in the Buffer Prep Laboratory at Cell Signaling Technology’s (CST) biotechnology facilities located in Danvers and Beverly, MA. Responsibilities include providing high quality and highly responsive Buffer Prep service in support of CST’s Production, Development and Research laboratories.
- Prepare and maintains centralized stock Buffers and materials for in-house use by all CST labs (such as Western Blot buffers, PBS, dialysis tubing, etc)
- Prepare and maintains buffer and solution inventory for Product Scientists for use in CST products
- Prepare and maintains bacterial media and agar plates for central stock and on-demand requests
- Prepare a wide variety of solutions upon request
- Perform “daily rounds” inspection to determine daily prep schedule for stock buffers, dialysis tubing, etc
- Adhere to high quality Standard Operating Procedures generated in collaboration with Lab Management and lab end users
- Maintain Buffer Prep production tracking/recordkeeping
- Participate in Quality Management/ISO implementation
- Conduct routine procurement and organization activities of Buffer Prep chemicals and lab supply inventories
- Troubleshoots problems, inventory or quality control, in collaboration with end users, with Buffer Prep coworkers, end users, management, and/or suppliers
- Establish solid relationships with the Lab Services group, “customers” (CST scientists) and lab supply vendors
- Assist in Lab Services operations as necessary
- BA/BS in science or equivalent with work experience
- 2+ years experience working in a laboratory environment, cGMP experience a plus
- Service and safety oriented, self-motivated and proactive
- Organized, strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to prepare buffers quickly and handle multiple preparations efficiently
- Consistently follow protocols and other directions and rarely make errors
- Dependable, takes initiative and responsibility for own actions
- Flexible, adaptable, able to respond to changes in routine
- Strong listening, verbal and documentation skills
- Excellent judgment, critical thinking and interpersonal skills a must for working a dynamic fast-paced environment
You will be taken to an external website, please attach your cover letter and resume as one document and refer to job code LTBP-2014-11-R when applying.