Our scientists are at the bench daily to produce and validate our antibodies, so they have hands-on experience and knowledge of each antibody’s performance.
The chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assay is a powerful and versatile technique used for probing protein-DNA interactions within the natural chromatin context of the cell. Cell Signaling Technology (CST) provides antibodies that have undergone rigorous validation by our in-house ChIP group – our goal is to provide our customers with the most specific antibodies, highest binding efficiency and lowest background possible.
ChIP assays can be used to:
- Identify multiple proteins associated with a specific region of the genome, or many regions of the genome associated with a particular protein.
- Determine the specific order of recruitment of various protein factors to a gene promoter or to monitor the relative amount of a particular histone modification across an entire gene locus during gene activation.
- Analyze binding of transcription factors, transcription co-factors, DNA replication factors and DNA repair proteins.
SimpleChIP® Product Line
- ChIP Validated Antibodies and Primer Pairs
- SimpleChIP® Assay Kits
- SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kits
- SimpleChIP® Control PCR Primers
Validation: Our antibodies are recommended at optimal dilutions using specific buffers and protocols. This data is generated through extensive testing of appropriate model systems and saves you from dilution optimization experiments.
Protocols: We offer detailed protocols so that you can start your experiments quickly and minimize time and reagent waste.
Companion Products: We offer a comprehensive list of companion products that are validated in-house with our protocols so that you can get the reliable reagents you need to complete your experiment.
Technical Support: Our knowledgeable technical support scientists are a phone call or email away, so you have a partner at the bench.