News from the Bench
Discover what’s going on at CST, receive our latest application notes and tips, read our science features, and learn about our products.
CST Antibody Performance Guarantee
To Purchase # 5946S
|5946S||1 ml (40 immunoprecipitations)||$129.00|
|$ 0. 00|
Find answers on our FAQs page.
PTM information and tools available.
Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #5946
Immunoprecipitation of COS-7 cell extracts, untransfected or transfected with a construct overexpressing TrCP1-GST using GST (26H1) Mouse mAb #2624. Extracts were incubated with either Anti-Mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) (lane 1 and 2) or Protein G Beads (lane 3). The western blot was probed using GST (91G1) Rabbit mAb #2625.Learn more about how we get our images
Immunoprecipitation of NIH/3T3 cell extracts using Akt (pan)(40D4) Mouse mAb #2920. Extracts were incubated with either Anti-Mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) (lane 1) or Protein G Beads (lane 2). The western blot was probed using Akt (pan) (C67E7) Rabbit mAb #4691.Learn more about how we get our images
Gallery: Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose® Bead Conjugate) #5946
Immunoprecipitation for Analysis by Western Blotting
This protocol is intended for immunoprecipitation of native proteins for analysis by western immunoblot or kinase activity.
A. Solutions and Reagents
NOTE: Prepare solutions with reverse osmosis deionized (RODI) or equivalently purified water.
- 20X Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS): (#9808).
10X Cell Lysis Buffer: (#9803) 20 mM Tris (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 1 mM EDTA, 1 mM EGTA, 1% Triton X-100, 2.5 mM Sodium pyrophosphate, 1 mM β-glycerophosphate, 1 mM Na3VO4, 1 μg/ml Leupeptin
NOTE: CST recommends adding 1 mM PMSF (#8553) before use*.
- 3X SDS Sample Buffer: (#7722) 187.5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 6.8 at 25°C), 6% w/v SDS, 30% glycerol, 150 mM DTT, 0.03% w/v bromophenol blue
- 10X Kinase Buffer (for kinase assays): (#9802) To Prepare 1 ml of 1X kinase buffer, add 100 µl 10X kinase buffer to 900 µl dH2O, mix.
- ATP (10 mM) (for kinase assays): (#9804) To prepare 0.5 ml of ATP (200 µM), add 10 µl ATP (10 mM) to 490 µl 1X kinase buffer.
B. Preparing Cell Lysates
- Aspirate media. Treat cells by adding fresh media containing regulator for desired time.
- To harvest cells under nondenaturing conditions, remove media and rinse cells once with ice-cold PBS.
- Remove PBS and add 0.5 ml 1X ice-cold cell lysis buffer to each plate (10 cm) and incubate the plates on ice for 5 minutes.
- Scrape cells off the plates and transfer to microcentrifuge tubes. Keep on ice.
- Sonicate samples on ice three times for 5 seconds each.
- Microcentrifuge for 10 minutes at 4°C, 14,000 x g, and transfer the supernatant to a new tube. If necessary, lysate can be stored at –80°C.
- Take 200 μl cell lysate and add 10 μl of the immobilized antibody, incubate with rotation overnight at 4°C.
- Microcentrifuge for 30 seconds at 4°C. Wash pellet five times with 500 μl of 1X cell lysis buffer. Keep on ice during washes.
- Proceed to sample analysis by western blotting or kinase activity (section D).
D. Sample Analysis
Proceed to one of the following specific set of steps.
For Analysis by Western Immunoblotting
- Resuspend the pellet with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec at 14,000 x g.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2-5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on a 4–20% gel for SDS-PAGE.
- Analyze sample by western blot (see Western Immunoblotting Protocol).
NOTE: To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG heavy chains (~50 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb (#3677) or Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127). To minimize masking caused by denatured IgG light chains (~25 kDa), we recommend using Mouse Anti-Rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb (#3678) (or HRP conjugate #5127).
For Analysis by Kinase Assay
- Wash pellet twice with 500 µl 1X kinase buffer. Keep on ice.
- Suspend pellet in 40 µl 1X kinase buffer supplemented with 200 µM ATP and appropriate substrate.
- Incubate for 30 min at 30°C.
- Terminate reaction with 20 µl 3X SDS sample buffer. Vortex, then microcentrifuge for 30 sec.
- Transfer supernatant containing phosphorylated substrate to another tube.
- Heat the sample to 95–100°C for 2–5 min and microcentrifuge for 1 min at 14,000 x g.
- Load the sample (15–30 µl) on SDS-PAGE (4–20%).
posted December 2007
protocol id: 27
Add 10-20 μl of well-vortexed beads to 200 μl of cell lysate at 1 mg/ml in 1X Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803. See protocol for more details.Storage: Supplied in 10 mM sodium HEPES (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 µg/ml BSA, 50% glycerol. Store at –20°C. Do not aliquot the antibodies.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is immobilized via covalent binding of primary amino groups to N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS)-activated sepharose beads. Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is useful for the immunoprecipitation of antibodies raised in mice.
Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-goat serum, mouse IgG and mouse serum. No reaction was observed against anti-pepsin, anti-goat IgG Fc, or human serum proteins.Species Reactivity: Mouse
The Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment is produced by immunizing goats with mouse IgG whole molecules. The Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment is prepared from monospecific antiserum by immunoaffinity chromatography using mouse IgG coupled to agarose beads followed by solid phase adsorption to remove any unwanted reactivities, pepsin digestion, and chromatographic separation.
Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Sepharose Bead Conjugate) is ideal for immunoprecipitation. This secondary antibody will detect mouse antibodies. Since this secondary antibody is made with F(ab')2 fragments, non-specific binding through Fc receptors present on cells will be eliminated.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures. Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.