Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb #10001
|10001S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|10001||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||All Species Expected||Endogenous||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, E-P=ELISA (Peptide)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous proteins containing phospho-Ser/Thr preceded by Arg at positions -5 and -3 in a manner largely independent of the surrounding amino acid sequence. Minor cross-reactivity is observed for proteins that contain phospho-Ser/Thr preceded by Arg at position -3 only. No cross-reactivity is observed with the corresponding nonphosphorylated sequences or with other phospho-Ser/Thr-containing motifs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with an Akt substrate peptide library.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MKN-45 cells, untreated or treated with c-Met kinase inhibitor SU11274 (1 µM, 2 hr), using Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb. Western blot image was obtained using the Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System (LI-COR® Biotechnology).
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 cells, untreated or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916 (10 ng/ml, 20 min), using Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb (upper), or Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb #4060 (lower). Western blot images were obtained using the Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System (LI-COR® Biotechnology).
An important class of kinases, referred to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt, and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Akt plays a central role in mediating critical cellular responses including cell growth and survival, angiogenesis, and transcriptional regulation (3-5). While a number of Akt substrates are known (such as GSK-3, Bad, and caspase-9) many important substrates await discovery. Akt phosphorylates substrates only at Ser/Thr in a conserved motif characterized by Arg at positions -5 and -3 (6). Phospho-Akt substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by Akt and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Montminy, M. (1997) Annu Rev Biochem 66, 807-22.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Marte, B.M. and Downward, J. (1997) Trends Biochem Sci 22, 355-8.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97, 1749-53.
- Scheid, M.P. and Woodgett, J.R. (2000) Curr Biol 10, R191-4.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1996) FEBS Lett 399, 333-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9812 KinomeView® Profiling Kit
- 5563 PTMScan® Phospho-Akt Substrate Motif mAb 2 (RXRXXS*/T*) Kit
- 1979 PTMScan® Phospho-Akt Substrate Motif (RXRXXS*/T*) Immunoaffinity Beads
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
- 6510 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA II
- 6909 SignalSilence® Akt1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6396 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA
- 6407 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6408 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
LI-COR® is a registered trademark of LI-COR, Inc.
Odyssey® is a registered trademark of LI-COR, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.
Use of Cell Signaling Technology (CST) Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patents No. 7,198,896 and 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.