Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb #10001
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous proteins containing phospho-Ser/Thr preceded by Arg at positions -5 and -3 in a manner largely independent of the surrounding amino acid sequence. Minor cross-reactivity is observed for proteins that contain phospho-Ser/Thr preceded by Arg at position -3 only. No cross-reactivity is observed with the corresponding nonphosphorylated sequences or with other phospho-Ser/Thr-containing motifs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with an Akt substrate peptide library.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MKN-45 cells, untreated or treated with c-Met kinase inhibitor SU11274 (1 µM, 2 hr), using Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb. Western blot image was obtained using the Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System (LI-COR® Biotechnology).
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 cells, untreated or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916 (10 ng/ml, 20 min), using Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb (upper), or Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb #4060 (lower). Western blot images were obtained using the Odyssey® Infrared Imaging System (LI-COR® Biotechnology).
An important class of kinases, referred to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt, and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Akt plays a central role in mediating critical cellular responses including cell growth and survival, angiogenesis, and transcriptional regulation (3-5). While a number of Akt substrates are known (such as GSK-3, Bad, and caspase-9) many important substrates await discovery. Akt phosphorylates substrates only at Ser/Thr in a conserved motif characterized by Arg at positions -5 and -3 (6). Phospho-Akt substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by Akt and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Montminy, M. (1997) Annu Rev Biochem 66, 807-22.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Marte, B.M. and Downward, J. (1997) Trends Biochem Sci 22, 355-8.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97, 1749-53.
- Scheid, M.P. and Woodgett, J.R. (2000) Curr Biol 10, R191-4.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1996) FEBS Lett 399, 333-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9812 KinomeView® Profiling Kit
- 5563 PTMScan® Phospho-Akt Substrate Motif mAb 2 (RXRXXS*/T*) Kit
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
- 6510 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA II
- 6909 SignalSilence® Akt1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6396 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA
- 6407 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6408 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.’s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.