Product Pathways - Neuroscience
EGR1 Blocking Peptide #1015
This peptide is used to block EGR1 rabbit poly #4152, (15F7) Rabbit mAb #4153, and (44D5) Rabbit mAb #4154 reactivity.
The quality of the peptide was evaluated by reversed-phase HPLC and by mass spectrometry. The peptide blocks EGR1 (15F7) Rabbit mAb #4153 by immunohistochemistry.
Use as a blocking reagent to evaluate the specificity of antibody reactivity in immunohistochemistry protocols.
Directions for Use
For immunohistochemistry, add twice the volume of peptide as volume of antibody used in 100 μl total volume. Incubate for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to adding the entire volume to the slide. Recommended antibody dilutions can be found on the product data sheet.
EGR family members are transcriptional factors that contain three repetitive zinc finger DNA binding domains which bind to EGR response elements (ER) to regulate target gene expression (1). The expression of EGR family members is induced by growth factors, with EGR1 expression being induced by NGF (1,2). Increased EGR1 expression activates transcription of other signaling molecules, including CDK5 and tyrosine hydroxylase, and exerts long term effects on neural cell growth and differentiation (2,3).
- O'Donovan, K.J. et al. (1999) Trends Neurosci. 22, 167-173.
- Harada, T. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 453-459.
- Papanikolaou, N.A. and Sabban, E.L. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 26683-26689.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4153 EGR1 (15F7) Rabbit mAb
- 4154 EGR1 (44D5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.