Product Pathways - Metabolism
ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb #11815
|W IP IF-IC||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||49||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ATF-4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ATF-4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 and HeLa cells, untreated (-) or tunicamycin-treated (2 μg/ml, 8 hr; +), using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of ATF-4 from extracts of 293 cells, treated with tunicamycin (2 μg/ml, 8 hr), using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb. Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb #3677 and Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076 were used as secondary antibodies.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or tunicamycin-treated (2 μg/ml, 8 hr; right), using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
ATF-4, an activating transcription factor/cAMP-response element-binding protein family member, functions in the PERK and eIF2α ER stress responsive pathway (1-3). ER stress represses the translation of the majority of mRNAs, but selectively stimulates the translation of certain mRNAs including that of ATF-4 (2). Induced expression of ATF-4 increases the expression of genes critical for the recovery from ER stress (4).
- Fawcett, T.W. et al. (1999) Biochem J 339 ( Pt 1), 135-41.
- Harding, H.P. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 6, 1099-108.
- van Huizen, R. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 15558-64.
- Yusta, B. et al. (2006) Cell Metab 4, 391-406.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 5554 CHOP (D46F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 5683 PERK (D11A8) Rabbit mAb
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9226 ATF-2 (20F1) Rabbit mAb
- 9225 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody
- 5112 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb
- 9221 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody
- 4036 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3677 Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.