Product Pathways - Metabolism
ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb #11815
|11815S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11815||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||49||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ATF-4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human ATF-4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 and HeLa cells, untreated (-) or tunicamycin-treated (2 μg/ml, 8 hr; +), using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of ATF-4 from extracts of 293 cells, treated with tunicamycin (2 μg/ml, 8 hr), using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb. Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb #3677 and Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076 were used as secondary antibodies.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or tunicamycin-treated (2 μg/ml, 8 hr; right), using ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MEF wild-type cells treated with tunicamycin (2ug/ml) overnight, and 5 µl of ATF-4 (D4B8) Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Mouse ATF-3 Intron 1 Primers #13059, mouse CHOP promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Mouse RPL30 Intron 2 Primers #7015. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
ATF-4, an activating transcription factor/cAMP-response element-binding protein family member, functions in the PERK and eIF2α ER stress responsive pathway (1-3). ER stress represses the translation of the majority of mRNAs, but selectively stimulates the translation of certain mRNAs including that of ATF-4 (2). Induced expression of ATF-4 increases the expression of genes critical for the recovery from ER stress (4).
- Thedieck, K. et al. (2013) Cell 154, 859-874. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 5554 CHOP (D46F1) Rabbit mAb
- 2895 CHOP (L63F7) Mouse mAb
- 3597 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) (119A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9721 Phospho-eIF2α (Ser51) Antibody
- 3192 PERK (C33E10) Rabbit mAb
- 5683 PERK (D11A8) Rabbit mAb
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9226 ATF-2 (20F1) Rabbit mAb
- 9225 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr69/71) Antibody
- 5112 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb
- 9221 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) Antibody
- 4036 Phospho-ATF-2 (Thr71) (11G2) Rabbit mAb (Biotinylated)
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3677 Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Light-Chain Specific) (L57A3) mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 13059 SimpleChIP® Mouse ATF-3 Intron 1 Primers
- 7015 SimpleChIP® Mouse RPL30 Intron 2 Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.