Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb #11818
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H M||Endogenous||280||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of acetyl-CoA carboxylase protein only when phosphorylated at Ser79.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser79 of human acetyl-CoA carboxylase protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SH-SY5Y cells, untreated or treated with Oligomycin #9996 (0.5 μM, 30 min), using Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (C83B10) Rabbit mAb #3676 (lower). The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by λ phosphatase treatment.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, untreated (left) or λ phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded NCI-H2228 cell pellets, untreated (left) or phenformin-treated (right), using Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of 293 cells (all nutrient-starved with Krebs-Ringer bicarbonate buffer for 4 hr), starved only (top left), serum-treated (10%, 30 min; top right), H2O2-treated (10 mM, 10 min; bottom left), or λ phosphatase-treated (2 hr; bottom right), using Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) (D7D11) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) catalyzes the carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA (1). It is the key enzyme in the biosynthesis and oxidation of fatty acids (1). In rodents, the 265 kDa ACC1 (ACCα) form is primarily expressed in lipogenic tissues, while 280 kDa ACC2 (ACCβ) is the main isoform in oxidative tissues (1,2). However, in humans, ACC2 is the predominant isoform in both lipogenic and oxidative tissues (1,2). Phosphorylation by AMPK at Ser79 or by PKA at Ser1200 inhibits the enzymatic activity of ACC (3). ACC is a potential target of anti-obesity drugs (4,5).
- Castle, J.C. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e4369.
- Kreuz, S. et al. (2009) Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25, 577-86.
- Ha, J. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 22162-8.
- Abu-Elheiga, L. et al. (2001) Science 291, 2613-6.
- Levert, K.L. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 16347-50.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3661 Phospho-Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (Ser79) Antibody
- 3676 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase (C83B10) Rabbit mAb
- 3662 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase Antibody
- 4190 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 1 Antibody
- 8578 Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase 2 (D5B9) Rabbit mAb
- 4188 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (D79.5E) Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2603 AMPKα (23A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2531 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 4184 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485) Antibody
- 4186 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser182) Antibody
- 4185 Phospho-AMPKα1 (Ser485)/AMPKα2 (Ser491) Antibody
- 4181 Phospho-AMPKβ1 (Ser108) Antibody
- 4187 AMPKγ1 Antibody
- 2536 AMPKγ2 Antibody
- 9944 AICAR
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.