Product Pathways - Translational Control
THOC4/ALY Antibody #11824
|W||H M R Mk (Hm) (X) (Z) (B) (Dg) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||27||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Dg=Dog GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
THOC4/ALY Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total THOC4/ALY protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala245 of human THOC4/ALY protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
mRNA export is a process that is tightly coupled to mRNA splicing (1-4). Splicing of mRNAs and the packaging of mRNAs in the form of mRNA-protein complex (mRNP) leads to the recruitment of the mRNA export adaptor THOC4/ALY via its interaction with the splicing factor UAP56, forming a large complex termed transcription-export complex (TREX) (1,2,5). THOC4/ALY then directly interacts with NXF1/TAP, a part of the heterodimer that targets the mRNP to the nuclear pore complex, resulting in the shuttling of mRNP out of the nucleus to the cytoplasm (1-3,6).
- Katahira, J. (2012) Biochim Biophys Acta 1819, 507-13.
- Siddiqui, N. and Borden, K.L. (2012) Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA 3, 13-25.
- Reed, R. and Magni, K. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, E201-4.
- Masuda, S. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 1512-7.
- Luo, M.L. et al. (2001) Nature 413, 644-7.
- Kang, Y. and Cullen, B.R. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1126-39.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.