Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SSTR1 Antibody #11830
|W||R (H) (M) (Mk)||Endogenous||40, 80||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SSTR1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SSTR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val365 of human SSTR1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing human SSTR1 (hSSTR1; +), using SSTR1 Antibody. Multiple bands are thought to be GPCR dimers and/or oligomers (Rozenfeld, R. and Devi, L.A. (2010) Handbook of Cell Signaling, 2nd edition, 185-94). Smearing is thought to be due to the addition of N-linked glycosylations at specific NXS/T motifs (Dong, C. et al. (2007) Biochem Biophys Acta 1768, 853-70).
Somatostatin receptors are part of the super family of G protein-coupled receptors. Five genes encoding six different somatostatin receptor subtypes (SSTR1, SSTR2A, SSTR2B, SSTR3, SSTR4, and SSTR5) have been cloned (1). Somatostatin receptors are activated by somatostatin, a neuropeptide that acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain that regulates hormone secretion from endocrine tissues (2). Somatostatin receptors are found to be highly expressed on human neuroendocrine tumors (3).
mRNA expression data and immunohistochemical studies indicate high expression of SSTR1 in pituitary and gastroenteropancreatic tumor, renal, colorectal and breast cancer, meningioma, glioma neuroblastoma, and pheochromocytoma (3).
- Patel, Y.C. (1999) Front Neuroendocrinol 20, 157-98.
- Tulipano, G. and Schulz, S. (2007) Eur J Endocrinol 156 Suppl 1, S3-11.
- Hofland, L.J. and Lamberts, S.W. (2003) Endocr Rev 24, 28-47.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3857 β-Arrestin 2 (C16D9) Rabbit mAb
- 4674 β-Arrestin 1/2 (D24H9) Rabbit mAb
- 3982 GRK2 Antibody
- 8513 β2-Adrenergic Receptor (D6H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.