Product Pathways - Development
WBP2 Antibody #11831
|11831S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11831||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
WBP2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total WBP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn239 of human WBP2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
WW-domain binding protein 2 (WBP2) is an adaptor protein first identified in a screen for proteins that interact with YAP1 (1). WBP2 was subsequently shown to bind other WW domain-containing proteins, including TAZ and NEDD4-like ubiquitin-protein ligases (2-5). There is strong evidence for a conserved functional role for WBP2 in the Hippo kinase tumor suppressor pathway. WBP2 interaction is required for the oncogenic properties of TAZ in breast cancer cells (4) and the growth-promoting properties of the YAP homolog Yorkie in Drosophila (6). In vitro studies have also suggested that WBP2 may act as a transcriptional co-activator of both estrogen and progesterone receptors (7); this interaction was shown to be dependent upon tyrosine phosphorylation of WBP2 by c-Src and c-Yes kinases (8).
- Chen, H.I. and Sudol, M. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92, 7819-23.
- Chen, H.I. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 17070-7.
- McDonald, C.B. et al. (2011) Biochemistry 50, 9616-27.
- Chan, S.W. et al. (2011) Oncogene 30, 600-10.
- Jolliffe, C.N. et al. (2000) Biochem J 351 Pt 3, 557-65.
- Zhang, X. et al. (2011) Cell Death Differ 18, 1346-55.
- Dhananjayan, S.C. et al. (2006) Mol Endocrinol 20, 2343-54.
- Lim, S.K. et al. (2011) FASEB J 25, 3004-18.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4911 Phospho-YAP (Ser127) Antibody
- 8418 YAP/TAZ (D24E4) Rabbit mAb
- 4912 YAP Antibody
- 4883 TAZ (V386) Antibody
- 2149 TAZ Antibody
- 8579 Hippo Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9924 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2517 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser104/106) Antibody
- 5587 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser167) (D1A3) Rabbit mAb
- 8644 Estrogen Receptor α (D8H8) Rabbit mAb
- 8757 Progesterone Receptor A/B (D8Q2J) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3153 Progesterone Receptor A/B (C89F7) Rabbit mAb
- 3157 Progesterone Receptor B (C1A2) Rabbit mAb
- 3171 Phospho-Progesterone Receptor (Ser190) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.