Product Pathways - Protein Stability
USP8 (D18F6) Rabbit mAb #11832
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
USP8 (D18F6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total USP8 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu614 of human USP8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using USP8 (D18F6) Rabbit mAb.
Ubiquitinating enzymes (UBEs) catalyze protein ubiquitination, a reversible process countered by deubiquitinating enzyme (DUB) action (1,2). Five DUB subfamilies are recognized, including the USP, UCH, OTU, MJD, and JAMM enzymes. The deubiquitinating enzyme ubiquitin-specific protease 8 (USP8/UBPy) is a cysteine protease belonging to the USP/UBP subfamily. Research studies have shown that USP8 is an essential growth-regulated enzyme indespensible for cell proliferation and survival (3,4). Indeed, conditional knock-out of murine USP8 was shown to promote a dramatic loss in expression of receptor tyrosine kinases, including EGFR, ErbB3, and c-Met (4). In agreement with these findings, USP8 inactivation leads to enhanced ubiquitination of ligand-activated EGFR (5,6). Furthermore, phosphorylation of USP8 at Ser680 results in its binding of 14-3-3, catalytic inactivation, and reduced EGFR deubiquitination (7). It appears as though USP8, in conjunction with components of the ESCRT-0 complex, plays an integral role in the early endosomal sorting machinery that functions to protect EGFR from lysosomal degradation (8,9).
- Nijman, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell 123, 773-86.
- Nalepa, G. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Drug Discov 5, 596-613.
- Naviglio, S. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 3241-50.
- Niendorf, S. et al. (2007) Mol Cell Biol 27, 5029-39.
- Alwan, H.A. and van Leeuwen, J.E. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 1658-69.
- Mizuno, E. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 5163-74.
- Mizuno, E. et al. (2007) Exp Cell Res 313, 3624-34.
- Row, P.E. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 12618-24.
- Berlin, I. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 34909-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8728 USP8 Antibody
- 5245 STAMBP Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.