Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Tau (Ser202) Antibody #11834
|11834S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11834||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50-80||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tau (Ser202) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of Tau protein only when phosphorylated at Ser202.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser202 of human Tau protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Tau is a heterogeneous microtubule-associated protein that promotes and stabilizes microtubule assembly, especially in axons. Six isoforms with different amino-terminal inserts and different numbers of tandem repeats near the carboxy terminus have been identified, and tau is hyperphosphorylated at approximately 25 sites by Erk, GSK-3, and CDK5 (1,2). Phosphorylation decreases the ability of tau to bind to microtubules. Neurofibrillary tangles are a major hallmark of Alzheimer's disease; these tangles are bundles of paired helical filaments composed of hyperphosphorylated tau. In particular, phosphorylation at Ser396 by GSK-3 or CDK5 destabilizes microtubules. Furthermore, research studies have shown that inclusions of tau are found in a number of other neurodegenerative diseases, collectively known as tauopathies (1,3).
Investigators have shown that Tau is phosphorylated during development and hyper-phosphorylated at Ser202 in Alzheimer's disease (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 11837 Phospho-Tau (Ser400/Thr403/Ser404) Antibody
- 5383 Phospho-Tau (Thr181) Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 5676 GSK-3α/β (D75D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4337 GSK-3α (D80E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4818 GSK-3α (D80D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5558 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (D85E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9369 GSK-3 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.