Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb #11835
|11835S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11835||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||92, 145||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FGF receptor 2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other FGF receptor family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminal region of human FGF receptor 2 protein.
Western blot analysis of recombinant FGF Receptor 1, FGF Receptor 2, FGF Receptor 3, and FGF Receptor 4, as indicated, using FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb #9740 (lane 1), FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb (lane 2), FGF Receptor 3 (C51F2) Rabbit mAb #4574 (lane 3), and FGF Receptor 4 (D3B12) XP® Rabbit mAb #8562 (lane 4) (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from KATO III cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-) or SignalSilence® FGF Receptor 2 siRNA I #12600 (+), using FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using FGF Receptor 2 (D4H9) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) produce mitogenic and angiogenic effects in target cells by signaling through cell surface receptor tyrosine kinases. There are four members of the FGF receptor family: FGFR1 (flg), FGFR2 (bek, KGFR), FGFR3, and FGFR4. Each receptor contains an extracellular ligand binding domain, a transmembrane domain, and a cytoplasmic kinase domain (1). Following ligand binding and dimerization, the receptors are phosphorylated at specific tyrosine residues (2). Seven tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic tail of FGFR1 can be phosphorylated: Tyr463, 583, 585, 653, 654, 730, and 766. Tyr653 and Tyr654 are important for catalytic activity of activated FGFR and are essential for signaling (3). The other phosphorylated tyrosine residues may provide docking sites for downstream signaling components such as Crk and PLCγ (4,5).
FGFR2 has several splicing isoforms, with ligand specificity largely determined by alternative splicing of exons 8 (IIIb) and 9 (IIIc). Alternative splicing is cell type specific, resulting in isoforms showing various tissue distribution and biological activities (6,7). Research studies have shown that mutations in the corresponding FGFR2 gene cause syndromes characterized by facial and limb defects, including LADD Syndrome, Crouzon Syndrome, Beare-Stevenson Cutis Gyrata Syndrome, Pfeiffer Syndrome, Apert Syndrome, and Jackson-Weiss Syndrome (8-10). Investigators have also observed mutations and altered expression of FGFR2 in cases of gastric, endometrial, and breast cancer (11).
- Powers, C.J. et al. (2000) Endocr Relat Cancer 7, 165-97.
- Reilly, J.F. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7771-8.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 977-89.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 5068-78.
- Larsson, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25726-34.
- Muh, S.J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 50143-54.
- Coutts, J.C. and Gallagher, J.T. (1995) Immunol Cell Biol 73, 584-9.
- Jeftha, A. et al. (2004) J Clin Pediatr Dent 28, 173-6.
- Wilkinson, C.C. et al. (2012) Childs Nerv Syst 28, 1221-6.
- Slavotinek, A. et al. (2009) Am J Med Genet A 149A, 1814-7.
- Katoh, M. (2009) J Invest Dermatol 129, 1861-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8910 Human Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (hFGF basic/FGF2)
- 5234 Human FGF acidic (hFGF acidic)
- 12296 Human Fibroblast Growth Factor 9 (hFGF9)
- 3139 Acidic FGF (11H11) Rabbit mAb
- 3196 Basic FGF (19A9) Rabbit mAb
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 2544 Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb
- 9740 FGF Receptor 1 (D8E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 4574 FGF Receptor 3 (C51F2) Rabbit mAb
- 8562 FGF Receptor 4 (D3B12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2894 FGF Receptor 4 Antibody
- 7954 PathScan® Phospho-FGFR2 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7939 PathScan® Total FGFR2 Sandwich ELISA Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalSilence® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.