Product Pathways - Translational Control
Upf2 (D3B10) Rabbit mAb #11875
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||170||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Upf2 (D3B10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Upf2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu391 of human Upf2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full-length human Upf2 (hUpf2-Myc; +), using Upf2 (D3B10) Rabbit mAb (upper), Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (middle), and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457.
Upf1 was identified as an active component in nonsense-mediated decay (NMD), an mRNA surveillance mechanism in eukaryotic cells that degrades mRNAs containing premature termination codons (1). Upf1 was found to be an ATP-dependent RNA helicase in the cytoplasm (2) and was later shown to be a component of cytoplasmic P-bodies (3). Upf1 phosphorylation mediates the repression of translation that accompanies NMD, allowing mRNA accessibility to the NMD machinery (4). Two other active components of NMD, Upf2 and Upf3, were also identified and described as having perinuclear and nucleocytoplasmic localization, respectively (5).
- Leeds, P. et al. (1991) Genes Dev 5, 2303-14.
- Weng, Y. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 5477-90.
- Bruno, I. and Wilkinson, M.F. (2006) Cell 125, 1036-8.
- Isken, O. et al. (2008) Cell 133, 314-27.
- Lykke-Andersen, J. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 1121-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12040 Upf1 (D15G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9435 Upf1 Antibody
- 8988 DDX6/RCK (D26C11) Rabbit mAb
- 8498 LSm2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.