Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb #11881
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||65||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total cdc45 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human cdc45 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of cdc45 from Jurkat cell extracts, using Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb (lane 2) or Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of 293 (left) and WI-38 (right) cells using Cdc45 (D7G6) Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Actin (8H10D10) Mouse mAb #3700 (red).
The initiation of DNA replication in mammalian cells is a highly coordinated process that ensures duplication of the genome only once per cell division cycle. Origins of replication are dispersed throughout the genome and their activities are regulated via the sequential binding of pre-replication and replication factors. The origin recognition complex (ORC) is thought to bind to chromatin throughout the cell cycle (1,2). The pre-replication complex (Pre-RC) forms in late mitosis/early G1 phase with the binding of CDT1 and cdc6 to the origin, which allows binding of the heterohexameric MCM2-7 complex. The MCM complex is thought to be the replicative helicase and formation of the Pre-RC is referred to as chromatin licensing. Subsequent initiation of DNA replication requires the activation of the S-phase promoting kinases cdk2 and cdc7. Cdc7 phosphorylates MCM proteins bound to chromatin and, in conjunction with CDT1, recruits the replication factor cdc45 (3-5). Cdc45 is required for formation of pre-initiation complexes at the G1/S transition and for activation of replication origins. The level of cdc45 protein expression is associated with the proliferative status of the cell or tissue. Terminally differentiated and senescent cells lack cdc45 and highly proliferative cell lines express high levels of cdc45 (6).
- Okuno, Y. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 4263-77.
- McNairn, A.J. et al. (2005) Exp Cell Res 308, 345-56.
- Bell, S.P. and Dutta, A. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 333-74.
- Tsuji, T. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4459-72.
- Ballabeni, A. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 3028-36.
- Pollok, S. et al. (2007) FEBS J 274, 3669-84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3619 MCM2 (D7G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4003 MCM3 (D47B6) Rabbit mAb
- 3735 MCM7 (D10A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3386 CDT1 Antibody
- 3387 Cdc6 (C42F7) Rabbit mAb
- 4731 ORC1 (7A7) Rat mAb
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.