Product Pathways - Adhesion
PINCH (5G7) Mouse mAb #11890
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||35||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PINCH (5G7) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PINCH protein. The antibody recognizes a protein of unknown origin at 80 kDa in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the the human PINCH protein.
The extracellular matrix (ECM) is a complex structure of secreted macromolecules surrounding mammalian organs and tissues. Controlled interactions between cells and the ECM are important in proliferation, migration, survival, polarity, and differentiation. Cells contact the ECM primarily through focal adhesion complexes, which contain integrins, as well as multiple adaptor and signaling proteins (1). The ILK/PINCH/Parvin (IPP) adaptor complex acts at the interface of the integrin/actin connection to regulate formation of focal adhesions and integrin signaling. Roles for IPP proteins outside of the IPP complex have been proposed, including regulation of gene expression (2,3).PINCH, also known as LIMS1, has been shown to function as a specific regulator of gene expression in glomerular podocytes in response to TGF-β1 (4). Researchers have shown that PINCH is highly expressed in some human tumors, and that PINCH can promote resistance to ionizing radiation through activation of Akt (5,6).
- Burridge, K. et al. (1988) Annu Rev Cell Biol 4, 487-525.
- Legate, K.R. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7, 20-31.
- Wu, C. (2004) Biochim Biophys Acta 1692, 55-62.
- Wang, D. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e17048.
- Eke, I. et al. (2010) J Clin Invest 120, 2516-27.
- Sandfort, V. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, .
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3856 ILK1 (4G9) Rabbit mAb
- 8190 α-Parvin (D7F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
- 2542 Paxillin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.