Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb #11899
|11899S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11899||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||46, 48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of NDRG1 only when phosphorylated at Ser330.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser330 of human NDRG1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from serum-starved A549, LNCaP, and MCF7 cells, untreated (-) or insulin and λ phosphatase-treated as indicated (+), using Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb (upper), NDRG1 (D6C2) Rabbit mAb #9408 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from LNCaP cells, serum-starved and insulin-treated, in the absence (-) or presence (+) of NDRG1 derived phospho and nonphosphopeptides using Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) (D3A12) Rabbit mAb.
N-myc downstream-regulated gene 1 (NDRG1), also termed Cap43, Drg1, RTP/rit42, and Proxy-1, is a member of the NDRG family, which is composed of four members (NDRG1-4) that function in growth, differentiation, and cell survival (1-5). NDRG1 is ubiquitously expressed and highly responsive to a variety of stress signals including DNA damage (4), hypoxia (5), and elevated levels of nickel and calcium (2). Expression of NDRG1 is elevated in N-myc defective mice and is negatively regulated by N- and c-myc (1,6). During DNA damage, NDRG1 is induced in a p53-dependent fashion and is necessary for p53-mediated apoptosis (4,7). Research studies have shown that NDRG1 may also play a role in cancer progression by promoting differentiation, inhibiting growth, and modulating metastasis and angiogenesis (3,4,6,8,9). Nonsense mutation of the NDRG1 gene has been shown to cause hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy-Lom (HMSNL), which is supported by studies demonstrating the role of NDRG1 in maintaining myelin sheaths and axonal survival (10,11). NDRG1 is up-regulated during mast cell maturation and its deletion leads to attenuated allergic responses (12). Both NDRG1 and NDRG2 are substrates of SGK1, although the precise physiological role of SGK1-mediated phosphorylation is not known (13). NDRG1 is phosphorylated by SGK1 at Thr328, Ser330, Thr346, Thr356, and Thr366. Phosphorylation by SGK1 primes NDRG1 for phosphorylation by GSK-3.
- Shimono, A. et al. (1999) Mech Dev 83, 39-52.
- Zhou, D. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 2182-9.
- van Belzen, N. et al. (1997) Lab Invest 77, 85-92.
- Kurdistani, S.K. et al. (1998) Cancer Res 58, 4439-44.
- Park, H. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276, 321-8.
- Li, J. and Kretzner, L. (2003) Mol Cell Biochem 250, 91-105.
- Stein, S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 48930-40.
- Maruyama, Y. et al. (2006) Cancer Res 66, 6233-42.
- Nishio, S. et al. (2008) Cancer Lett 264, 36-43.
- Kalaydjieva, L. et al. (2000) Am J Hum Genet 67, 47-58.
- Okuda, T. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 3949-56.
- Taketomi, Y. et al. (2007) J Immunol 178, 7042-53.
- Murray, J.T. et al. (2004) Biochem J 384, 477-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3506 Phospho-NDRG1 (Ser330) Antibody
- 5482 Phospho-NDRG1 (Thr346) (D98G11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9408 NDRG1 (D6C2) Rabbit mAb
- 5196 NDRG1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8101 SignalSlide® Phospho-Akt (Ser473) IHC Controls
- 9998 BSA
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.