Product Pathways - DNA Damage
WIP1 (D4F7) Rabbit mAb #11901
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||79||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
WIP1 (D4F7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total WIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly240 of human WIP1 protein.
Wild-type p53 induced phosphatase 1 (WIP1)/protein phosphatase magnesium-dependent 1 delta (ppm1d) is a member of the PP2C family of serine/threonine protein phosphatases. WIP1 was initially identified as a p53 target gene, induced in response to ionizing radiation (1). Studies have shown that WIP1 is overexpressed in human cancers and is involved in the regulation of multiple DNA damage signaling pathways (reviewed in 2,3). WIP1 functions in returning cells to a homeostatic state following DNA damage (4,5), as well as in maintaining p53-dependent homeostasis under nonstress conditions (6). Researchers have shown that increased expression of WIP1 is associated with poor prognosis and lower survival rate in some human cancers (7,8). In contrast, overexpression of WIP1 in p53-negative tumor cells sensitizes them to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis while protecting normal tissue during treatment (9).
- Fiscella, M. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 6048-53.
- Zhu, Y.H. and Bulavin, D.V. (2012) Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 106, 307-25.
- Lu, X. et al. (2008) Cancer Metastasis Rev 27, 123-35.
- Lu, X. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 1162-74.
- Cha, H. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 4112-22.
- Park, H.K. et al. (2011) Cell Cycle 10, 2574-82.
- Liang, C. et al. (2012) Brain Res 1444, 65-75.
- Satoh, N. et al. (2011) Cancer Sci 102, 1101-6.
- Goloudina, A.R. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, E68-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.