Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
NFI-C Antibody #11911
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||55-65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NFI-C Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total NFI-C protein. This antibody also recognizes overexpressed NFI-B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala263 of human NFI-C protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
NFI-C belongs to the nuclear factor I (NFI) family of site-specific transcription factors that regulate viral DNA replication and expression of various genes (1,2). The NFI family is composed of four members in vertebrates: NFI-A, NFI-B, NFI-C, and NFI-X, all of which are critical in the development of multiple organ systems in mice and humans (3). NFI-C is expressed in various tissues and regulates TGF-β dependent tooth development and hair follicle cycling (3-5). Research studies have shown that NFI-C directly represses FoxF1 transcription and suppresses the motility and invasiveness of breast cancer cells (6).
- Gronostajski, R.M. (2000) Gene 249, 31-45.
- Liang, B. et al. (2012) J Virol 86, 3264-75.
- Steele-Perkins, G. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 1075-84.
- Lee, D.S. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 17293-303.
- Plasari, G. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 34115-25.
- Nilsson, J. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 2020-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.