Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IKKα (3G12) Mouse mAb #11930
|W IF-IC F||H Mk||Endogenous||85||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IKKα (3G12) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IKKα protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to a fragment of human IKKα protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IKKα (3G12) Mouse mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of HCT 116 cells using IKKα (3G12) Mouse mAb (blue) compared to concentration-matched Mouse (G3A1) mAb IgG1 Isotype Control #5415 (red). Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4408 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCT 116 (high expression; left) and IGROV-1 (low expression; right) cells using IKKα (3G12) Mouse mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2078 Phospho-IKKα (Ser176)/IKKβ (Ser177) (C84E11) Rabbit mAb
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.