Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Oligophrenin-1 Antibody #11939
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||92||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Oligophrenin-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Oligophrenin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp647 of human Oligophrenin-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various tissues and cell lines using Oligophrenin-1 Antibody.
Oligophrenin-1 is a RhoGTPase-activating protein encoded by the gene OPHN1 (1). Oligophrenin-1 is composed of an N-terminal BAR domain, a pleckstrin homology domain, a central RhoGAP domain, and three putative C-terminal SH3-binding sites. Oligophrenin-1 plays a role in membrane signaling through interaction of its BAR domain with curved membranes, binding of its pleckstrin homology domain with membrane phosphoinositides, and interaction of the SH3-binding sites with adaptor proteins (1-3). Oligophrenin-1 regulates synaptic vesicle endocytosis (3) and plays an important role in dendritic spine morphogenesis (4). Furthermore, by interacting with the transcription factor Rev-erbα and protecting it from degradation, Oligophrenin-1 participates in the regulation of the circadian rhythm in the hippocampus (5). Research studies have demonstrated an involvement of Oligophrenin-1 in X-linked mental retardation (1).
- Billuart, P. et al. (1998) Nature 392, 923-6.
- Khelfaoui, M. et al. (2007) J Neurosci 27, 9439-50.
- Nakano-Kobayashi, A. et al. (2009) Curr Biol 19, 1133-9.
- Govek, E.E. et al. (2004) Nat Neurosci 7, 364-72.
- Valnegri, P. et al. (2011) Nat Neurosci 14, 1293-301.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8802 GRAF1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.