Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cytochrome c (D18C7) Rabbit mAb #11940
|W IHC-P||H M R Mk (B) (Pg)||Endogenous||14||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cytochrome c (D18C7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total cytochrome c protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro72 of human cytochrome c protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Cytochrome c (D18C7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with Staurosporine #9953 (1 μM, 3 hr; +). Cells were fractionated into whole cell lysate (WCL), cytoplasm (Cyto), membrane (Mem), and cytoskeletal/nucleus (Nuc). Membrane fraction includes mitochondria.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Cytochrome c (D18C7) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Cytochrome c is a well conserved electron-transport protein and is part of the respiratory chain localized to mitochondrial intermembrane space (1). Upon apoptotic stimulation, cytochrome c released from mitochondria associates with procaspase-9 (47 kDa)/Apaf 1. This complex processes caspase-9 from inactive proenzyme to its active form (2). This event further triggers caspase-3 activation and eventually leads to apoptosis (3).
- Schagger H.H. et al. (2002) Biochem. Biophys. Acta. 1555, 154-159.
- Li, P. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 479-489 .
- Liu, X. et al. (1996) Cell 86, 147-157.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.