Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
OTX2 (D7Y3J) Rabbit mAb #11943
|W||H (M) (R) (Mk) (C) (B) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||31, 33||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
OTX2 (D7Y3J) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total OTX2 protein. This antibody recognizes both known human isoforms.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn251 of human OTX2 protein.
Orthodenticle homeobox 2 (OTX2) belongs to the bicoid subfamily of paired-box, homeodomain-containing transcription factors. OTX2 is a critically important neuronal transcription factor that functions to regulate the expression of cell cycle genes controlling proliferation and differentiation of neural progenitor cells (1-3). In addition to its neuronal development functions, it has been reported that OTX2 can function in a non-cell autonomous manner to promote survival of damaged retinal ganglion cells (4). OTX2 has also been shown to influence the susceptibility of post-mitotic neurons to toxic insult or physiological stress (3). Notably, aberrant expression of OTX2 has been strongly linked with neuronal tumor development. For example, research studies have found OTX2 is overexpressed in many medulloblastoma cell lines, and both overexpression and gene amplification were reported in a subset of primary medulloblastomas (5). In vitro studies support these observations, as targeted alterations in OTX2 expression directly affected both proliferation and senescence of medulloblastoma cell lines (6,7).
- Simeone, A. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 2735-47.
- Omodei, D. et al. (2008) Development 135, 3459-70.
- Chung, C.Y. et al. (2010) Brain 133, 2022-31.
- Torero Ibad, R. et al. (2011) J Neurosci 31, 5495-503.
- Adamson, D.C. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 181-91.
- Bunt, J. et al. (2011) Int J Cancer 131, E21-32.
- Bunt, J. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Res 8, 1344-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.