Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CaMKII-α (D10C11) Rabbit mAb #11945
|11945S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11945||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
CaMKII-α (D10C11) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CaMKII-α protein. The peptide sequence used as the antigen is not conserved in CaMKII-β, -γ, and -δ.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human CaMKII-α protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full-length human CaMKII-α (hCaMKII-α-Myc;+), CaMKII-β (hCaMKII-β-Myc;+), or CaMKII-δ (hCaMKII-δ-Myc;+), and mouse brain using CaMKII-α (D10C11) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (lower).
CaMKII is an important member of the calcium/calmodulin-activated protein kinase family, functioning in neural synaptic stimulation and T cell receptor signaling (1,2). CaMKII has catalytic and regulatory domains. Ca2+/calmodulin binding to the CaMKII regulatory domain relieves autoinhibition and activates the kinase (3). The activated CaMKII further autophosphorylates at Thr286 to render the kinase constitutively active (3). The threonine phosphorylation state of CaMKII can be regulated through PP1/PKA. PP1 (protein phosphatase 1) dephosphorylates phospho-CaMKII at Thr286. PKA (protein kinase A) prevents phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) dephosphorylation through an inhibitory effect on PP1 (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 4436 CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 12238 Calreticulin (D3E6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8548 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) (D10E3) Rabbit mAb
- 8568 IP3 Receptor 1 (D53A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2482 PLCbeta3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.