Product Pathways - Adhesion
CYR61 Antibody #11952
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CYR61 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CYR61 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro171 of human CYR61 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Cysteine-rich protein 61 (CYR61, CCN1) is a secreted, matrix-associated protein belonging to the CCN family, a protein group characterized primarily by its high cysteine content (1). CYR61 regulates diverse cellular events including cell proliferation, differentiation, angiogenesis, and extracellular matrix formation. Research studies have implicated CYR61 in the development or progression of various cancers, including breast, prostate, lung, and hepatocellular carcinoma (1-4). Notably, its role in promoting cancer progression appears to be context-dependent. For example, investigators have shown that overexpression of CYR61 was positively associated with invasiveness of breast cancer cell lines (2), whereas in primary prostate tumors, expression levels were inversely correlated with tumor aggressiveness (3). In additional research studies of hepatocellular carcinoma, where CYR61 expression was positively associated with cancer progression, CYR61 was shown to be transcriptionally regulated by the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway (1).
- Li, Z.Q. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e35754.
- Menéndez, J.A. et al. (2003) Endocr Relat Cancer 10, 141-52.
- Terada, N. et al. (2012) Asian J Androl 14, 405-8.
- Chen, P.P. et al. (2007) PLoS One 2, e534.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8767 CCN3 Antibody
- 4022 MMP-2 Antibody
- 3801 MMP-7 (D4H5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2270 MMP-9 (G657) Antibody
- 3852 MMP-9 Antibody
- 11968 SignalSilence® ADAM9 siRNA I
- 12085 SignalSilence® ADAM9 siRNA II
- 4151 ADAM9 (D64B5) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.