Product Pathways - Metabolism
Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb #11967
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||17||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Cox IV protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Cox IV protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of Cox IV from HeLa cell extracts, using a non-specific mouse IgG control antibody (lane 2) or Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot was performed using Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Cox IV (4D11-B3-E8) Mouse mAb.
Cytochrome c oxidase (COX) is a hetero-oligomeric enzyme consisting of 13 subunits localized to the inner mitochondrial membrane (1-3). It is the terminal enzyme complex in the respiratory chain, catalyzing the reduction of molecular oxygen to water coupled to the translocation of protons across the mitochondrial inner membrane to drive ATP synthesis. The 3 largest subunits forming the catalytic core are encoded by mitochondrial DNA, while the other smaller subunits, including COX IV, are nuclear-encoded. Research studies have shown that deficiency in COX activity correlates with a number of human diseases (4). The COX IV antibody can be used effectively as a mitochondrial loading control in cell-based research assays.
- Ostermeier, C. et al. (1996) Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 6, 460-466.
- Capaldi, R.A. et al. (1983) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 726, 135-148.
- Kadenbach, B. et al. (2000) Free Radic. Biol. Med. 29, 211-221.
- Barrientos, A. et al. (2002) Gene 286, 53-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4850 COX IV (3E11) Rabbit mAb
- 4844 COX IV Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.