Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK12 Antibody #11973
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||205||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK12 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CDK12 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with proteins of unknown origin at 48 and 53 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val492 of human CDK12 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human CDK12 isoform 2 (hCDK12-Myc/DDK; +), using CDK12 Antibody.
Immunoprecipitation of CDK12 from PC-3 cell extracts using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or CDK12 Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using CDK12 Antibody.
Cyclin-dependent kinase 12 (CDK12/CRKRS/CRK7) is composed of a central CTD kinase domain, several proline-rich regions, and several amino-terminal arginine/serine (RS) motifs common to splicing factors (1). CDK12 is ubiquitously expressed and forms a complex with cyclin K that regulates phosphorylation of the C-terminal domain (CTD) of RNA polymerase II (1-4). CDK12 is important for expression of a subset of long genes with high numbers of exons including some regulators of the DNA damage response, such as breast and ovarian cancer type 1 susceptibility protein 1 (BRCA1) and ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3-related (ATR) (3). Depletion of CDK12 results in spontaneous DNA damage and increased sensitivity to DNA damage agents (3). Research studies have shown that CDK12 is recurrently mutated in high-grade ovarian cancer (5,6). In addition, high levels of CDK12 are required to maintain pluripotency of embryonic stem cells (7).
- Ko, T.K. et al. (2001) J Cell Sci 114, 2591-603.
- Bartkowiak, B. et al. (2010) Genes Dev 24, 2303-16.
- Blazek, D. et al. (2011) Genes Dev 25, 2158-72.
- Cheng, S.W. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Biol 32, 4691-704.
- The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network (2011) Nature 474, 609-15.
- Carter, S.L. et al. (2012) Nat Biotechnol 30, 413-21.
- Dai, Q. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 25344-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.