Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
RNF20 (D6E10) XP® Rabbit mAb #11974
|11974S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11974P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11974||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||120||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Dog, Pig, Guinea Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RNF20 (D6E10) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RNF20 protein. This antibody recognizes a second band at 80 kDa in mouse lysates, corresponding to mouse RNF20 isoform 2. This antibody does not cross-react with RNF40 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly516 of human RNF20 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RNF20 (D6E10) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of RNF20 (D6E10) XP® Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human γ-Actin Promoter Primers #5037, SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Promoter Primers #4471, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
In mammalian cells, the significance of histone H2B ubiquitination in chromatin epigenetics came from the identification of the budding yeast protein Bre1 (1,2). Together with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Rad6, Bre1 serves as the E3 ligase in the monoubiquitination of the yeast histone H2B within transcribed regions of chromatin (1-3). Subsequently, the mammalian orthologs of yeast Bre1, RNF20 and RNF40, were identified (4,5). These two proteins form a tight heterodimer that acts as the major E3 ligase responsible for histone H2B monoubiquitination at Lys120 in mammalian cells, a modification linked to RNA Pol II-dependent transcription elongation in undamaged cells. Researchers have shown that DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) are also capable of inducing monoubiquitination of H2B. This process depends upon the recruitment to DSB sites, as well as ATM-dependent phosphorylation of the RNF20-RNF40 heterodimer, thus highlighting a role for this E3 ligase in DSB repair pathways (6). Indeed, investigators have shown that loss of RNF20-RNF40 function promotes replication stress and chromosomal instability, which may constitute an early step in malignant transformation that precedes cell invasion (7).
- Wood, A. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 267-74.
- Hwang, W.W. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 11, 261-6.
- Kao, C.F. et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18, 184-95.
- Kim, J. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 20, 759-70.
- Zhu, B. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 20, 601-11.
- Moyal, L. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 41, 529-42.
- Chernikova, S.B. et al. (2012) Cancer Res, Epub ahead of print.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3167 RNF40 Antibody
- 5546 Ubiquityl-Histone H2B (Lys120) (D11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 5037 SimpleChIP® Human γ-Actin Promoter Primers
- 4471 SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.