Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
NTAL/LAB (D7I2B) Rabbit mAb #11986
|11986S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11986||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
NTAL/LAB (D7I2B) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total NTAL/LAB protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly222 of human NTAL/LAB protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RL-7, SEM, and Jurkat cells using NTAL/LAB (D7I2B) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Human whole blood was fixed, lysed, and permeabilized as per the Cell Signaling Technology Flow Alternate Protocol and stained using NTAL/LAB (D7I2B) Rabbit mAb. Samples were co-stained with CD19-APC and CD3-PE to identify B and T cell populations, respectively. The forward/side scatter lymphocyte gate and CD19+ B cell population gate were combined and applied to a histogram depicting the mean fluorescence intensity of NTAL/LAB (blue) and a concentration-matched isotype control (red). Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of SR (positive; left) and Jurkat (negative; right) cells using NTAL/LAB (D7I2B) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Non-T cell activation linker (NTAL)/linker for activation of B cells (LAB) is a small transmembrane adaptor protein associated with glycolipid-enriched membrane fractions (1,2). NTAL/LAB is also known as LAT2 (linker for activation of T cells 2), WBSCR5, WBS15, and WBSCR15 (Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosome region 15 protein). It is expressed in B cells, monocytes, mast cells, and natural killer cells, but not in resting T cells (3). Upon activation of several receptors, NTAL/LAB becomes tyrosine-phosphorylated and recruits signaling molecules such as GRB2 and c-Cbl into receptor signaling complexes (4-6).
- Iwaki, S. et al. (2007) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39, 868-73.
- Lindquist, J.A. et al. (2003) Immunol. Rev. 191, 165-182.
- Brdicka, T. et al. (2002) J. Exp. Med. 196, 1617-1626.
- Koonpaew, S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 11229-11235.
- Tkaczyk, C. et al. (2004) Blood 104, 207-214.
- Stork, B. et al. (2004) Immunity 21, 681-691.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3581 Phospho-LAT (Tyr171) Antibody
- 3584 Phospho-LAT (Tyr191) Antibody
- 9166 LAT Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.