Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Calumenin (4C6) Mouse mAb #11991
|11991S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|11991||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||47||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Calumenin (4C6) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total calumenin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human calumenin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Calumenin (4C6) Mouse mAb.
Calumenin belongs to the CREC family of proteins that also contains reticulocalbin, ERC-55/TCBP-49/E6BP, Cab45, and crocalbin/CBP-50. These EF-hand proteins localize to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and are involved in the secretory pathway in mammalian cells (1). Calumenin exists as two isoforms corresponding to alternativly spliced variants of the CALU gene (2). Calumenin has been shown to localize to the ER via a carboxy terminal HDEF ER retention signal (3), and undergoes secretion after trafficking through the secretory pathway (4). Secreted calumenin plays a role in amyloidosis by interacting with serum amyloid P component (5). Calumenin is also a chaperone for mutants of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) (6). Researchers performing a proteomics analysis of endometrial cancer identified calumenin as a potential target for endometrial carcinoma (7).
- Honoré, B. and Vorum, H. (2000) FEBS Lett 466, 11-8.
- Jung, D.H. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343, 34-42.
- Yabe, D. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 18232-9.
- Vorum, H. et al. (1999) Exp Cell Res 248, 473-81.
- Vorum, H. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett 465, 129-34.
- Teng, L. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e40173.
- Voisin, S.N. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e16352.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.