Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-KIF1B (Ser1487) Antibody #11993
|W IP||H (M) (R) (Mk)||Endogenous||140, 200||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-KIF1B (Ser1487) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of KIF1B protein only when phosphorylated at Ser1487.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1487 of human KIF1B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Kinesin-like protein KIF1B is a member of the kinesin 3 family of C-kinesins that are characterized by a kinesin-motor domain in the carboxy-terminal region. As part of the general mechanism of kinesin-mediated cellular transport, C-kinesins are known to drive microtubule plus and minus end motilities (1-3). KIF1B is implicated in the transport of synaptic proteins to the cell periphery in neuronal cell axons by interaction with Rab3 guanine nucleotide exchange factor (3). Mitochondria are also often transported in axons by KIF1B (3-4).
Quantitative mass spectrometry profiling of mitotic phosphorylation revealed putative phosphorylation sites of KIF1B (5). Phospho-KIF1B (Ser1487) Antibody is directed at a site identified by Cell Signaling Technology® (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for modification site discovery. Phosphorylation at Ser1487 was discovered using an Akt substrate antibody. Please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, CST's modification site knowledgebase, at www.phosphosite.org for more information.
- Hirokawa, N. et al. (1998) Curr Opin Cell Biol 10, 60-73.
- Dagenbach, E.M. and Endow, S.A. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3-7.
- Hirokawa, N. et al. (2009) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 10, 682-96.
- Wozniak, M.J. et al. (2005) BMC Cell Biol 6, 35.
- Dephoure, N. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 10762-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 10001 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXRXXS*/T*) (23C8D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 6950 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate)
- 8050 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb (Magnetic Bead Conjugate)
- 9646 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 5563 PTMScan® Phospho-Akt Substrate Motif mAb 2 (RXRXXS*/T*) Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.