Product Pathways - Adhesion
p130 Cas Antibody #12015
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p130 Cas Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total p130 Cas protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro118 of human p130 Cas protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Hep G2, HeLa, and U-2 OS cells using p130 Cas Antibody.
p130 Cas (Crk-associated substrate) is a docking protein containing multiple protein-protein interaction domains. The amino-terminal SH3 domain may function as a molecular switch regulating CAS tyrosine phosphorylation, as it interacts with focal adhesion kinase (FAK) (1) and the FAK-related kinase PYK2 (2), as well as the tyrosine phosphatases PTP-1B (3) and PTP-PEST (4). The carboxy-terminal Src binding domain (SBD) contains a proline-rich motif that mediates interaction with the SH3 domains of Src-family kinases (SFKs) and a tyrosine phosphorylation site (Tyr668 and/or Tyr670) that can promote interaction with the SH2 domain of SFKs (5). The p130 Cas central substrate domain, the major region of tyrosine phosphorylation, is characterized by 15 tyrosines present in Tyr-X-X-Pro (YXXP) motifs, including Tyr165, 249, and 410. When phosphorylated, most YXXP motifs are able to serve as docking sites for proteins with SH2 or PTB domains including adaptors, C-Crk, Nck, and inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) (6). The tyrosine phosphorylation of p130 Cas has been implicated as a key signaling step in integrin control of normal cellular behaviors including motility, proliferation, and survival. Aberrant Cas tyrosine phosphorylation may contribute to cell transformation by certain oncoproteins (5).
- Polte, T.R. and Hanks, S.K. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 5501-9.
- Astier, A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 228-232.
- Liu, F. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 31290-31295.
- Garton, A. J. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 877-885.
- Ruest, P.J. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 7641-52.
- Bouton, A. H. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6448-6458.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4015 Phospho-p130 Cas (Tyr165) Antibody
- 4014 Phospho-p130 Cas (Tyr249) Antibody
- 4011 Phospho-p130 Cas (Tyr410) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.