Product Pathways - Metabolism
ALDH1A1 (D4R9V) Rabbit mAb #12035
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ALDH1A1 (D4R9V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ALDH1A1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of mouse ALDH1A1 protein.
The aldehyde dehydrogenase family is a large group of enzymes that oxidize aldehydes formed through metabolic processes to their carboxylic acids (1). ALDH1A1 is a liver cytosolic isoform of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase and is involved in the major pathway of alcohol metabolism along with alcohol dehydrogenase (2). ALDH1A1 is also known as retinal dehydrogenase 1 and is involved in retinol metabolism, converting retinol to retinoic acid (3). Recent studies suggest that control of retinoid signaling through ALDH1A1 may influence hematopoietic stem cell differentiation (4). There has been recent interest in ALDH1 isoforms as predictive biomarkers in disease. Several studies have suggested that ALDH1A1 is a potential marker for cancer stem cells and chemoresistance in several tumor types, such as melanoma (5), lung cancer (6), glioblastoma (7).
- Jackson, B. et al. (2011) Hum Genomics 5, 283-303.
- Edenberg, H.J. (2007) Alcohol Res Health 30, 5-13.
- Duester, G. (2000) Eur J Biochem 267, 4315-24.
- Chute, J.P. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 11707-12.
- Luo, Y. et al. (2012) Stem Cells 30, 2100-13.
- Huang, C.P. et al. (2013) Cancer Lett 328, 144-51.
- Schäfer, A. et al. (2012) Neuro Oncol 14, 1452-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.