Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb #12042
|12042S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12042||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Sec24B protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr270 of human Sec24B protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® Sec24B siRNA I #12229 (+), or SignalSilence® Sec24B siRNA II #12333 (+), using Sec24B Antibody #7427 (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The Sec24B Antibody confirms silencing of Sec24B expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of Sec24B from HeLa cell extracts, using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, transfected with Signal Silence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (left), SignalSilence® Sec24B siRNA I #12229 (center), or SignalSilence® Sec24B siRNA II #12333 (right), using Sec24B (D7D6S) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Coat Protein Complex II (COPII) is composed of five cytosolic proteins: Sec23/24 complex, Sec13/31 complex, and Sar1. COPII coat is located at the ER/Golgi interface and is involved in transport of newly synthesized proteins from the ER to the Golgi apparatus (1). COPII formation is initiated through the binding of the activated G protein, Sar1, to the Sec23/24 complex, thereby forming a prebudding complex that directly binds target molecules (1-3). The prebudding complex further recruits Sec13/31 to form mature COPII coat (4,5). The Sec24 subunit of COPII coat is thought to play a critical role in cargo selection (2,6). It binds directly to cargo proteins at the ER and brings them to COPII vesicles through interaction with Sec23. There are four Sec24 isoforms in human cells: Sec24A, Sec24B, Sec24C, and Sec24D (7). In mice, mutations in Sec24B have been linked to developmental defects (8,9).
- Aridor, M. et al. (1998) J Cell Biol 141, 61-70.
- Miller, E.A. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 497-509.
- Mossessova, E. et al. (2003) Cell 114, 483-95.
- Barlowe, C. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 895-907.
- Bi, X. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 13, 635-45.
- Miller, E. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 6105-13.
- Tang, B.L. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258, 679-84.
- Merte, J. et al. (2010) Nat Cell Biol 12, 41-6; sup pp 1-8.
- Wansleeben, C. et al. (2010) Development 137, 1067-73.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7427 Sec24B Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.