Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
EREG (D4O5I) Rabbit mAb #12048
|W IP||H||Endogenous||17,19, 30||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EREG (D4O5I) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total EREG protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu155 of human EREG protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using EREG (D4O5I) Rabbit mAb.
Epiregulin (EREG) belongs to the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family and is a ligand for the EGF receptor (EGFR) and ErbB4 (1-3). The binding of EREG to homodimers, as well as heterodimers containing EGFR or ErbB4, leads to receptor activation and downstream signaling to promote cell growth and proliferation (4-6). In normal human tissue, moderate levels of EREG are expressed in the placenta and peripheral blood macrophages. Research studies have shown that EREG is expressed at high levels in numerous cancer cell lines, and EREG expression is correlated with primary cancer aggresiveness/metastases (7-11). In addition to its involvement in tumorigenesis, a variant of EREG has also been shown to be associated with tuberculosis susceptibility (12). EREG migrates as multiple bands including a ~30 kDa glycosylated membrane bound form (proepiregulin), a 19 kDa nonglycosylated propeptide form, and a 17 kDa mature form (13).
- Olayioye, M.A. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 3159-67.
- Shelly, M. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 10496-505.
- Komurasaki, T. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 2841-8.
- Komurasaki, T. et al. (2002) Growth Factors 20, 61-9.
- Shirakata, Y. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 5748-53.
- Toyoda, H. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 7495-500.
- Toyoda, H. et al. (1997) Biochem J 326 ( Pt 1), 69-75.
- Zhu, Z. et al. (2000) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273, 1019-24.
- Kuramochi, H. et al. (2012) BMC Cancer 12, 88.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2008) Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 1, 201-7.
- Sunaga, N. et al. (2012) Oncogene , .
- Thuong, N.T. et al. (2012) Genes Immun 13, 275-81.
- Baba, I. et al. (2000) Cancer Res 60, 6886-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4267 EGF Receptor (D38B1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4795 HER4/ErbB4 (111B2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.