Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb #12053
|W IP IHC-P||H M R Mk (B) (Dg) (GP)||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog GP=Guinea Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RCAS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu59 of human RCAS1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human RCAS1 (hRCAS1-Myc/DDK; +), using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of RCAS1 from Jurkat cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot detection was performed using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using RCAS1 (D6P5J) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Receptor binding cancer antigen expressed on SiSo cells (RCAS1) is also known as estrogen receptor-binding fragment-associated gene 9 (EBAG9). Originally identified as an estrogen-inducible gene (1), RCAS1 was recently found to play a novel role in the adaptive immune response by negatively regulating the cytolytic activity of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) (2). RCAS1 is conserved in phylogeny and is ubiquitously expressed in most human tissues and cells (3,4). There is evidence that tissue expression of RCAS1 is increased in a variety of malignancies, including cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, lung, breast, ovary, endometrium, and cervix. Research studies have shown that levels of RCAS1 tissue expression are negatively correlated with the prognosis of patients harboring the aforementioned malignancies (4). It is also noteworthy that research studies have detected elevated levels of RCAS1 in the sera of cancer patients (4). Initial studies indicated that RCAS1 was secreted from cancer cells and functioned as a ligand for a putative receptor expressed on NK cells, as well as T and B lymphocytes, inducing their apoptosis, which enabled cancer cells to evade immune surveillance (5,6). Subsequent studies have identified RCAS1 as a type III transmembrane Golgi protein with the ability to regulate vesicle formation, secretion, and protein glycosylation (2,7-9). Indeed, it has been shown that RCAS1 overexpression negatively regulates the cytolytic function of CTLs by negatively regulating protein trafficking from the trans-Golgi to secretory lysosomes (2). Furthermore, RCAS1 overexpression delays vesicle transport from the ER to Golgi and causes components of the ER quality control and glycosylation machinery to mislocalize. As a consequence, RCAS1 induces the deposition of tumor-associated glycan antigens on the cell surface, which are thought to contribute to tumor pathogenesis through the mediation of adhesion, invasion, and metastasis (8,9).
- Watanabe, T. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 442-9.
- Rüder, C. et al. (2009) J Clin Invest 119, 2184-203.
- Tsuchiya, F. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284, 2-10.
- Giaginis, C. et al. (2009) Histol Histopathol 24, 761-76.
- Matsushima, T. et al. (2001) Blood 98, 313-21.
- Nakashima, M. et al. (1999) Nat Med 5, 938-42.
- Reimer, T.A. et al. (2005) BMC Cancer 5, 47.
- Wolf, J. et al. (2010) FASEB J 24, 4000-19.
- Engelsberg, A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 22998-3007.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12290 RCAS1 (D2B6N) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6960 RCAS1 Antibody
- 6463 SignalSilence® RCAS1 siRNA I
- 6496 SignalSilence® RCAS1 siRNA II
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.