Product Pathways - Neuroscience
mGluR2 Antibody #12056
|12056S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12056||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||100, >200||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
mGluR2 recognizes endogenous levels of total mGluR2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with mGluR3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala839 of mouse mGluR2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with constructs expressing HA-tagged full-length mouse mGluR2 (mGluR2-HA; +) or HA-tagged full-length mouse mGluR3 (mGluR3-HA; +), using mGluR2 Antibody (upper) or HA-Tag (C29F4) Rabbit mAb #3724 (lower). HA-tagged mGluR cDNAs were a gift from Dr. Gonzalez-Maeso (Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY).
Western blot analysis of extracts from the indicated cell lines and tissues using mGluR2 Antibody.
Immunoprecipitation of mGluR2 from mouse brain extracts using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 2) or mGluR2 Antibody (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using mGluR2 Antibody.
Metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 (mGluR2) is a class C G protein-coupled receptor for the neurotransmitter glutamate in the mammalian brain. Unlike ionotropic receptors, metabotropic receptors do not form an ion channel pore themselves but are indirectly linked to ion channels (1). While mGluR1 and mGluR5 activate phospholipase C, mGluR2, mGluR3, mGluR4, and mGluR6 are coupled to the inhibitory G protein Gα(i/o) and inhibit adenylyl cyclase (AC) activity (1). Research studies have suggested that mGluR2/3 receptors may be potential targets for the treatment of Schizophrenia (2). Furthermore, mGluR2 interacts with the 5HT2A serotonin receptor to form a hetero-complex in the brain. This complex is a potential pharmacological target for hallucinogenic drugs (3,4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5310 mGluR1 Antibody
- 8850 AMPA Receptor (GluR 1) Antibody
- 8652 AMPA Receptor Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8070 AMPA Receptor (GluR 4) (D41A11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3921 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr869/Tyr873/Tyr876) Antibody
- 4027 Phospho-AMPA Receptor (GluR 2) (Tyr876) Antibody
- 4676 AMPA Receptor (GluR 3) (D47E3) Rabbit mAb
- 5704 NMDAR1 (D65B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4205 NMDAR2A Antibody
- 4212 NMDAR2B (D15B3) Rabbit mAb
- 4208 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1472) Antibody
- 4209 Phospho-NMDAR2B (Tyr1070) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.