Product Pathways - Neuroscience
β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb #12077
|W||H (M) (R) (Mk) (B)||Recombinant||4||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb recognizes the Aβ-39 isoform of the β-amyloid peptides.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxy terminus of human β-amyloid (1-39) peptide.
Western blot analysis of the indicated amounts of human Aβ-39 peptide using β-Amyloid (1-39 Specific) (D5Y9L) Rabbit mAb.
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (AD) (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12467 β-Amyloid (1-37 Specific) (D2A6H) Rabbit mAb
- 9682 β-Amyloid (1-40 specific) Antibody
- 7672 β-Amyloid (1-42 specific) Antibody
- 8243 β-Amyloid (D54D2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9888 β-Amyloid (D12B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2450 APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb
- 6986 Phospho-APP (Thr668) (D90B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3823 Phospho-APP (Thr668) Antibody
- 9784 Alzheimer Disease Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5606 BACE (D10E5) Rabbit mAb
- 5887 γ Secretase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.