Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IFIT1 Antibody #12082
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IFIT1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total IFIT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala194 of human IFIT1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
IFIT1 (interferon-induced protein with tetratricopeptide repeats 1) belongs to the IFIT family of proteins, which consists of four members in humans (IFIT1, IFIT2, IFIT3, and IFIT5) and three members in mice (IFIT1, IFIT2, and IFIT3) (1). IFIT1 expression is induced by Type I Interferons resulting from viral infection (2). IFIT1 is an antiviral protein that directly binds viral RNA that has a 5’ triphosphate group (PPP-RNA) (2). In humans, the viral PPP-RNA bound IFIT1 forms a complex with IFIT2 and IFIT3 to sequester the viral PPP-RNA and prevent replication (2). IFIT1 has also been shown to inhibit translation by binding to the eukaryotic initiation factor-3 (eIF-3) (3).
- Ablasser, A. and Hornung, V. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 588-90.
- Pichlmair, A. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 624-30.
- Guo, J. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 6891-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.