Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
SLBP Antibody #12087
|12087S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12087||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Dog||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SLBP Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total SLBP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg160 of human SLBP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stem-loop binding protein (SLBP) is the mammalian orthologue of Xenopus SLBP1, a post-transcriptional regulator of histone mRNA. SLBP binds the conserved stem-loop structure at the 3’ end of replication-dependent histone mRNAs. SLBP binding aids in the 3’ end processing of histone pre-mRNA in association with U7 snRNP and the zinc finger protein hZFP100 (1,2), as well as translation and transport of histone mRNA (3).
The expression of replication-dependent histone genes peaks during S phase of the cell cycle. Mammalian SLBP is also cell cycle regulated in most somatic cells, but not in mouse oocytes or embryos, indicating a potential role for SLBP in chromatin organization and remodeling (4).
Phosphorylation of SLBP at Thr61 by CDK1 regulates SLBP stability by targeting the protein for degradation upon completion of DNA synthesis (5). SLBP association with histone mRNA maintains its stability, and is regulated by the peptidyl-prolyl isomerase, Pin1, and PP2A phosphatase (6,7).
- Dominski, Z. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 58-71.
- Dominski, Z. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 2008-17.
- Sànchez, R. and Marzluff, W.F. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 7093-104.
- Allard, P. et al. (2002) J Cell Sci 115, 4577-86.
- Koseoglu, M.M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 4469-79.
- Zhang, M. et al. (2012) Biochemistry 51, 3215-31.
- Krishnan, N. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Biol 32, 4306-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5292 BrdU (Bu20a) Mouse mAb
- 6813 BrdU Cell Proliferation Assay Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.