Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb #12100
|W IF-IC F||H Mk||Endogenous||48||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Aurora A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to human Aurora A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb and propidium iodide (DNA content). Anti-mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4408 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Aurora A (1F8) Mouse mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Aurora A (AIK) is a cell cycle-regulated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is overexpressed in many tumor cell lines (1-3). Phosphorylation of Aurora A at Thr288 within the kinase activation loop results in a significant increase in its activity and may target the protein for proteasomal degradation during mitosis (4). The closely-related kinase Aurora B (AIM1) has been implicated in multiple mitotic events (5), and siRNA silencing of Aurora B expression results in reduced histone H3 phosphorylation, aberrant chromosome alignment/segregation, and altered survivin localization (6).
- Bischoff, J.R. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 3052-65.
- Zhou, H. et al. (1998) Nat Genet 20, 189-93.
- Sen, S. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 2195-200.
- Walter, A.O. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 4906-16.
- Kallio, M.J. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 900-5.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 161, 281-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3092 Aurora A/AIK Antibody
- 12109 Bora (D2B9) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.