Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb #12105
|12105S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12105||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Bak protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly75 of human Bak protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse prostate using Bak (D4E4) Rabbit mAb.
Bak is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family (1). This protein is located on the outer membrane of mitochondria and is an essential component for transduction of apoptotic signals through the mitochondrial pathway (2,3). Upon apoptotic stimulation, an upstream stimulator like truncated BID (tBID) induces conformational changes in Bak to form oligomer channels in the mitochondrial membrane for cytochrome c release. The release of cytochrome c to the cytosol activates the caspase-9 pathway and eventually leads to cell death (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 6947 Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
MitoTracker® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.