Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
DDR2 Antibody #12133
|W IP||H R||Endogenous||120-140||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DDR2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total DDR2 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with 60 and 80 kDa proteins of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu491 of human DDR2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The discoidin domain receptors (DDRs) are receptor tyrosine kinases with a discoidin homology repeat in their extracellular domains, activated by binding to extracellular matrix collagens. So far, two mammalian DDRs have been identified: DDR1 and DDR2 (1). They are widely expressed in human tissues and may have roles in smooth muscle cell-mediated collagen remodeling (2). Research studies have implicated aberrant expression and signaling of DDRs in human diseases related to increased matrix degradation and remodeling, such as cardiovascular disease, liver fibrosis, and tumor invasion (1).
Injection of colon tumor cells into DDR2 knock out mice predisposes the hepatic stellate cells to colon tumor metastasis (3).
- Vogel, W. (1999) FASEB J. 13 Suppl, S77-S82.
- Ferri, N. et al. (2004) Am. J. Pathol. 164, 1575-1585.
- Badiola, I. et al. (2011) Gut , .
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 5583 DDR1 (D1G6) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.