Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Brn2/POU3F2 (D2C1L) Rabbit mAb #12137
|12137S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12137||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Brn2/POU3F2 (D2C1L) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Brn2/POU3F2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Brn2/POU3F2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Brn2/POU3F2 (D2C1L) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of P1 rat brain using Brn2 (D7H3) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye). Gated area shown at 10X magnification on right.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 A-375 cells and either 10 μl of Brn2/POU3F2 (D2C1L) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human MITF Promoter Primers #12377 and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Brn2/POU3F2 is a POU domain-containing transcription factor involved in neuronal differentiation and activation of the corticotrophin-releasing hormone gene (1,2). In mice, disruption of the Brn2 gene results in loss of specific neuronal lineages in the hypothalamus (3). In addition to its role in mammalian neurogenesis, Brn2 has also been implicated in melanoma tumorigenesis and has been shown in the literature to be overexpressed in human melanoma cells compared to normal melanocytes (4,5). Recent studies also identify Brn2 as a transcription factor playing an important role in keratinocyte differentiation (6). Recent reports demonstrate that overexpression of three transcription factors (Brn2, Ascl1, and Myt1L) can directly convert human fibroblasts into functional neurons under precisely defined conditions (7,8).
- Fujii, H. and Hamada, H. (1993) Neuron 11, 1197-206.
- Schonemann, M.D. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 3122-35.
- Nakai, S. et al. (1995) Genes Dev 9, 3109-21.
- Cook, A.L. et al. (2003) J Invest Dermatol 121, 1150-9.
- Cook, A.L. and Sturm, R.A. (2008) Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 21, 611-26.
- Shi, G. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e13216.
- Pfisterer, U. et al. (2011) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 108, 10343-8.
- Ambasudhan, R. et al. (2011) Cell Stem Cell 9, 113-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 12377 SimpleChIP® Human MITF Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.