Product Pathways - Growth Factors/Cytokines
IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb #12153
|W IP||H||Endogenous||21-28||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IL-6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human IL-6 protein.
Western blot analysis of 1 ng recombinant Human Interleukin-6 (hIL-6) #8904 using IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from THP-1 cells differentiated with TPA #4174 (80 nM, overnight), untreated (-) or LPS-treated (100 ng/ml, 6 hr; +) and treated with Brefeldin A #9972 (300 ng/mL, last 3 hr of stimulation; +), using IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of IL-6 from NCI-H460 cell extracts, using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using IL-6 (D3K2N) Rabbit mAb.
Acute phase response is induced by interleukin-6 (IL-6) produced by T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial, and other cells (1,2). IL-6 induces proliferation or differentiation in many cell types including B cells, thymocytes, and T cells. IL-6, in concert with TGF-β, is important for developing Th17 responses. IL-6 binds to IL-6Rα and through this association induces gp130 homodimerization (1). gp130 homodimerization triggers the Jak/Stat cascade and the SHP-2/Erk MAP kinase cascade (1,3,4). IL-6 also forms a complex with an IL-6Rα splice variant that is nonmembrane-associated (3).The IL-6/soluble IL-6Rα complex can then activate the gp130 signaling pathway in cells that express gp130 but not IL-6Rα (3). Research studies have shown that IL-6, through increasing expression of proangiogenic VEGF, may also contribute to metastatic breast cancer (5).
- Heinrich, P.C. et al. (1998) Biochem J 334 ( Pt 2), 297-314.
- Heinrich, P.C. et al. (1998) Z Ernahrungswiss 37 Suppl 1, 43-9.
- Jones, S.A. (2005) J Immunol 175, 3463-8.
- Jenkins, B.J. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 1453-63.
- Hong, D.S. et al. (2007) Cancer 110, 1911-28.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8904 Human Interleukin-6 (hIL-6)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.