Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb #12165
|12165S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12165P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12165||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Xenopus, Zebrafish, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Dog, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HSP60 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Trp68 of human HSP60 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse lung using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to concentration-matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red). Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of A-204 cells using HSP60 (D6F1) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
In both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells the misfolding and aggregation of proteins during biogenesis and under conditions of cellular stress are prevented by molecular chaperones (1-3). HSP60 has primarily been known as a mitochondrial protein that is important for folding key proteins after import into the mitochondria (4). Research studies have shown that a significant amount of HSP60 is also present in the cytosol of many cells, and that it is induced by stress, inflammatory and immune responses, and autoantibodies correlated with Alzheimer's, coronary artery diseases, MS, and diabetes (5-8).
- Hartl, F.U. (1996) Nature 381, 571-579.
- Bukau, B. and Horwich, A.L. (1998) Cell 92, 351-366.
- Hartl, F.U. and Hayer-Hartl, M. (2002) Science 295, 1852-1858.
- Jindal, S. et al. (1989) Mol. Cell Biol. 9, 2279-2283.
- Itoh, H. et al. (2002) Eur. J. Biochem. 269, 5931-5938.
- Gupta, S. and Knowlton, A.A. J. Cell Mol. Med. 9, 51-58.
- Deocaris, C.C. et al. (2006) Cell Stress Chaperones 11, 116-128.
- Lai, H.C. et al. (2007) Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 292, E292-E297.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4871 HSP40 (C64B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4868 HSP40 Antibody
- 4870 HSP60 (D307) Antibody
- 4869 HSP60 (D85) Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4837 HSP70 (D69) Antibody (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4008 HSP70 (D69) Antibody (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 7411 HSP90β (D3F2) Rabbit mAb
- 5087 HSP90β Antibody
- 8165 HSP90α (D1A7) Rabbit mAb
- 8444 HSPA8 (D12F2) Rabbit mAb
- 3059 HSPB8/HSP22 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.