Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
MORF4L1/MRG15 Antibody #12169
|W||H M R (Hm) (B) (Dg) (GP) (Hr)||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster B=Bovine Dg=Dog GP=Guinea Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MORF4L1/MRG15 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MORF4L1/MRG15 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MORF4L2/MRGX.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala237 of human MORF4L1/MRG15 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MORF4L1/MRG15 is a chromo domain-containing protein that is part of several histone modifying complexes, including the Tip60 histone acetyltransferase (HAT) complex, histone deacetylase (HDAC) complexes, and the JARID1A and JARID1B histone demethylase complexes (1-6). MORF4L1/MRG15 recognizes di- or trimethylated Lys36 of histone H3 through its chromo domain. This interaction recruits and anchors MORF4L1/MRG15-associated chromatin modifying complexes to target genes for transcriptional regulation (7,8). MORF4L1/MRG15 plays a role in DNA repair as part of the Tip60 HAT complex (9,10). MORF4L1/MRG15 regulates alternative splicing during co-transcriptional splicing of mRNA as a part of the JARID1A complex (11). MORF4L1/MRG15 recruitment of the JARID1B complex to embryonic stem cell renewal-associated genes is important for repression of cryptic transcription and maintainance of proper transcriptional elongation (6).
- Pardo, P.S. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 50860-6.
- Yochum, G.S. and Ayer, D.E. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 7868-76.
- Cai, Y. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 42733-6.
- Doyon, Y. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 1884-96.
- Hayakawa, T. et al. (2007) Genes Cells 12, 811-26.
- Xie, L. et al. (2011) EMBO J 30, 1473-84.
- Zhang, P. et al. (2006) Nucleic Acids Res 34, 6621-8.
- Joshi, A.A. and Struhl, K. (2005) Mol Cell 20, 971-8.
- Murr, R. et al. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 91-9.
- Garcia, S.N. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett 581, 5275-81.
- Luco, R.F. et al. (2010) Science 327, 996-1000.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3876 JARID1A (D28B10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3273 JARID1B Antibody
- 5356 HDAC1 (10E2) Mouse mAb
- 5113 HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb
- 3966 TRRAP (D2966) Antibody
- 3967 TRRAP (P2032) Antibody
- 7691 SIN3A (D1B7) Rabbit mAb
- 8056 SIN3A (D9D6) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.