Product Pathways - Neuroscience
EAAT3 Antibody #12179
|W IP||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||70||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EAAT3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total EAAT3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human EAAT3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse brain, rat brain, and rat prefrontal cortex using EAAT3 Antibody.
During neurotransmission, glutamate is released from vesicles of the presynaptic cell, and glutamate receptors (e.g., NMDA Receptor, AMPA Receptor) bind glutamate for activation at the opposing postsynaptic cell. Excitatory amino acid transporters (EAATs) regulate and maintain extracellular glutamate concentrations below excitotoxic levels (1,2). In addition, glutamate transporters may limit the duration of synaptic excitation by an electrogenic process in which the transmitter is cotransported with three sodium ions and one proton, followed by countertransport of a potassium ion (1,2). Five EAATs (EAAT1-5) have been identified. EAAT1 and EAAT2 are expressed mainly in glia, while EAAT3, EAAT4, and EAAT5 are considered to be neuronal transporters (2). EAAT3 is found in the perisynaptic areas and cell bodies of glutamatergic and GABAergic neurons (3). Research studies have implicated abnormal EAAT3 expression in the pathophysiology of Schizophrenia (4,5).
- Danbolt, N.C. (2001) Prog Neurobiol 65, 1-105.
- Amara, S.G. and Fontana, A.C. (2002) Neurochem Int 41, 313-8.
- Rothstein, J.D. et al. (1994) Neuron 13, 713-25.
- Bauer, D. et al. (2008) Schizophr Res 104, 108-20.
- Horiuchi, Y. et al. (2012) Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159B, 30-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5684 EAAT1 (D44E2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5685 EAAT1 (D20D5) Rabbit mAb
- 3838 EAAT2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.