Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CCR2 (D14H7) Rabbit mAb #12199
|W IP||H||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CCR2 (D14H7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CCR2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly197 of human CCR2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CCR2 (D14H7) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). HEL cells are reported to be negative for CCR2 expression (2).
CCR2 is a member of the “CC-branch” of chemokine G protein-coupled receptors that regulate monocyte chemotaxis and T cell migration/activation and drive inflammation in a number of pathological conditions (1). CCR2 is the receptor for several chemokines including MCP-1, MCP-3, and MCP-4 (2-5). CCR2 transduces signals through increases in intracellular calcium levels. It has two alternative isoforms, CCR2A and CCR2B, differing in their carboxy-terminal tails with CCR2B trafficking more efficiently to the membrane (2,6). CCR2 was originally identified in the THP-1 monocyte cell line, and its expression is decreased following differentiation into macrophages (7). Knockout studies demonstrate that CCR2 is a major regulator of macrophage trafficking (8-10). In addition, research studies have shown that CCR2 functions as an alternative coreceptor with CD4 for infection of some strains of HIV (11,12).
- Zhao, Q. (2010) J Leukoc Biol 88, 41-55.
- Charo, I.F. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 2752-6.
- Franci, C. et al. (1995) J Immunol 154, 6511-7.
- Yamagami, S. et al. (1994) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 202, 1156-62.
- Combadiere, C. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 29671-5.
- Wong, L.M. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 1038-45.
- Denholm, E.M. and Stankus, G.P. (1995) Cytokine 7, 436-40.
- Kuziel, W.A. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 12053-8.
- Boring, L. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 2552-61.
- Kurihara, T. et al. (1997) J Exp Med 186, 1757-62.
- Rucker, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 437-46.
- Frade, J.M. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 497-502.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.