Product Pathways - Protein Folding
FKBP5 (D5G2) Rabbit mAb #12210
|12210S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|12210||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||51||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
FKBP5 (D5G2) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total FKBP5 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with FKBP4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg222 of human FKBP5 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT-1080 and HeLa cells using FKBP5 (D5G2) Rabbit mAb.
FK506 binding protein 51 (FKBP51, also called FKBP5) belongs to the FKBP family of immunophilins (1). FKBP family proteins contain FK domains and TPR (tetratricopeptide repeat) domains. The FK domains are responsible for PPIase (peptidylprolyl isomerase) acitivity and allow binding to FK506 and rapamycin (2,3). The C terminal TPR domains are involved in protein-protein interactions. The TPR domain of FKBP5 mediates binding to HSP90 complexes (4), as well as glucocorticoid, androgen, and progesterone receptors, which account for its regulatory role in steroid hormone receptor function (5). FKBP5 also binds to IKKα and is involved in NF-κB signaling (6,7). In addition, FKBP5 was identified as a negative regulator of Akt, through promotion of Akt - PHLPP interaction and enhanced dephosphorylation of Akt (8).
- Avilés, A. et al. (1995) Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 7, 97-101.
- Fruman, D.A. et al. (1994) FASEB J 8, 391-400.
- Fix, M.L. et al. (2008) Blood Press Monit 13, 199-203.
- Scheufler, C. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 199-210.
- Schülke, J.P. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e11717.
- Bouwmeester, T. et al. (2004) Nat Cell Biol 6, 97-105.
- Avellino, R. et al. (2005) Blood 106, 1400-6.
- Pei, H. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 16, 259-66.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8245 FKBP5 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.